I strongly believe that when you set goals, make a plan and follow through, everything seems to work smoothly and with less stress. Of course, life can sometimes derail the plan, but it’s much easier to get back on track with a strong foundation in place.
To stay organized and productive, here are a few things I do on a regular basis. They help me stay on track for my big picture goals, and I hope do the same for you:
- Plan and schedule my workday the evening before so I can start each day ready to go.
- Set a timer and focus on one task for 50 minutes straight (no checking emails or phone messages).
- Do research before meetings and prepare an agenda and list of questions.
- Have an organization system for project files so I can easily find graphics and client branding elements when I need them.
- Measure my social media and website progress/analytics on a monthly basis.
- Have an editorial calendar to solidify my blogging strategy and schedule.
- Break down large projects into smaller, manageable tasks. It helps them seem less overwhelming.
- Take a 15 minute break and go for a walk when I get stuck on a project. It really helps! Sitting there only makes it worse—believe me, I’ve done it many times.
Are you ready for a productive, organized 2015?
I’d love to help you organize and streamline your marketing efforts for 2015. Let’s talk about how in a free 30-minute consultation.